~ About the comic series ~
Linguist Gone Foreign is a comic series about the glory and the horrors of life abroad: a graphic journey through language phenomena, culture clashes and the rigors of everyday life.
It began as a humorous graphic diary to keep my family and friends up-to-date on my happenstances across the continent, but in a short time and for reasons that still escape my mind, a bunch of people all over the Internet had joined the melee.
~ About the author ~
My name is Karen. I’m a PhD linguist, serial migrant and creative mind. I doodle big-headed cartoons in my spare time.
~ FAQs ~
- Where are you from? – The world is my oyster!
- On a scale from 1 to 10, how much do you like languages? – 15.
- Wasn’t this called “Expat Gone Foreign” before? Yes, I changed it to something that sparked more joy.
- I love your comic strips, can I share them? Of course! Please take a look at the Terms & Conditions, section II. Intellectual Property.
- Can you post a picture of yourself? – Sure:
If you have any question, suggestion, idea, hopes and dreams… you can contact me at expatgoneforeign @ gmail.com.
* Support me! *
I loooove drawing. Since Linguist Gone Foreign set sail in 2014, I’ve enjoyed cartoonizing my daily adventures and sharing them with you, and I intend to keep doing so. However, time is money and money buys art supplies.
If you like my comics and want to support what I do, here are some ways you can help:
- Make a Paypal donation. Don’t worry about the amount, every cent counts! :)
- Spread the word! Share your favorite comics with your family and friends. LGF is also on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
- Share your experiences, impressions and opinions with us by leaving comments on the website and interacting on social media. Thanks to LGF I’ve met amazing people from around the world and so can you!
Thank you for your support! ^^