~ About the comic series ~
Expat Gone Foreign is a comic series about a linguist living abroad; a graphic journey through culture clashes, social awkwardness, language phenomena and life itself.
It began as a humorous graphic diary to keep my family and friends up-to-date on my happenstances across the continent: linguistic misunderstandings, cultural discoveries and the rigors of everyday life. In a short time and for reasons that still escape my mind, a bunch of people all over the Internet had joined the melee.
~ About tXc a.k.a. Dr. V ~
~ FAQs ~
Here’s a collection of frequently asked questions that I’ve received:
- Where are you from? – The world is my oyster!
- No, seriously. Where are you originally from? – I grew up in Spain.
- Is drawing Expat Gone Foreign cartoons your job? – Nope! I’m a linguist and language researcher. Drawing is one of my hobbies. I do illustrate my research papers, language books and publications with cutesy doodles though.
- On a scale from 1 to 10, how much do you like languages? – 15.
- You currently live in Germany with your American partner. Which language do you speak at home? – Mostly English. Or Denglisch. Or Spanglish. Unless I’m pretty mad, then swearing in Spanish it is.
- I love your comic strips, can I share them on social media / on my website? – Of course! Please take a look at the Terms & Conditions, section II. Intellectual Property.
- Can you post a picture of yourself? – Sure:
If you have any question, suggestion, idea, hopes and dreams… you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Support me! *
I loooove drawing. Since Expat Gone Foreign set sail in 2014, I’ve enjoyed cartoonizing my daily adventures and sharing them with you, and I intend to keep doing so. However, time is money and money buys art supplies.
If you like my comics and want to support what I do, here are some ways you can help:
- Make a Paypal donation. Don’t worry about the amount, every cent counts! :)
- Spread the word! Share your favorite comics with your family and friends. EGF is also on Facebook and Instagram!
- Share your experiences, impressions and opinions with us by leaving comments on the website and interacting on social media. Thanks to EGF I’ve met amazing people from around the world and so can you!
Thank you for your support! ^^